1. Please read the Promotion terms and conditions carefully. If you enter the Promotion, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Coates Hire Operations Pty Ltd (ACN 074 126 971) (‘Coates’).
3. The competition will be administered by the Promoters’ agent, Plexus Services Pty Ltd (ABN 26 151 501 898) (‘Agent’).
4. To be eligible to enter you must reside in Australia and be aged 18 years old or over on the date of entry (‘Eligible Entrant’). Entrants who are under the age of 18 years old on the date of entry must have parent or guardian approval to enter the Promotion, and the parent or guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these terms and conditions. Parents/guardians of Eligible Entrants under the age of 18 years old may be required by the Promoter or its Agent to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering the Promotion.
5. Employees of Coates, their immediate families and any agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
6. Employees of the Agent, their immediate families and any agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
7. The competition period commences at commences at 7:00am AEST on 09/05/2022 and ends at 5:00 pm AEST 05/06/2022 (‘Competition Period’). The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at any time (subject to regulatory approval, if required). 8. To enter the Promotion, you must:
Spend a minimum of $200 at any of the following branches of the Promoter (‘Eligible Branch’):
Complete an entry form available at an Eligible Branch. Details required on the entry form include your full name, contact number, email address, postcode, amount spent at the Eligible Branch, invoice/order number and accept these Terms and Conditions during the Competition Period (‘Entry’).
9. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each $200 spent at an Eligible Branch.
10. The Promotion will be advertised by the Promoter at the Eligible Branches and by email. Digital advertising will include instructions to enter the competition.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way
12. Winners will be chosen at random by the Agent on behalf of the Promoter. The draw will take place at:
13. A total of 20 winners will be chosen in the draw.
14. The Promoter will notify each winner by email and/or telephone on the day of the draw.
15. This is a game of chance. The results of the draw will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
16. Should a winner fail to respond within 72 hours of being notified by the Promoter that they have won the draw, or should the Promoter be unable to identify the winner based on the contact details provided at the time of submitting the online entry and despite all reasonable efforts made by the Promoter, the winner will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner or winners through a second chance draw.
17. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held from 08/06/2022 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry or entries drawn will win any unclaimed prizes. The unclaimed prize draw winner or winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on the day of the draw.
18. The results of any unclaimed prize draw will be final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
19. By entering the Promotion, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoters may require without remuneration.
20. The winners also consent to the use and publication of their name and any other details provided by the winners in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winners.
21. Each prize (“Prize”) consists of:
22. The total value of the Prize is up to AUD $500 including GST as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions.
23. No part of the Prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
24. The Promoter shall not be held liable for failing to perform obligations under these terms and conditions should such failure be triggered by a force majeure event. A force majeure event is a cause beyond the control and without the fault of the Promoters which cannot be prevented or avoided including riot; act of God; war; terrorism; embargo; flood; fire or explosion; epidemic or pandemic; Commonwealth, State or Territory Government, order including health orders; or Commonwealth, State or Territory Government lockdown.
25. If the Prize (or any item(s) included within it) is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserve the right to substitute the Prize (or any item(s) included within it) with another item(s) of equal or greater value if the winners agree in writing and, if necessary, subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority. If the winners do not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the Prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter, in their sole discretion, may substitute the Prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
26. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to distribute the Prize to the winners in person at the venue of the Darwin Supercars Race on 18-22 June 2022.
27. The winners must ensure the Prize (or any item(s) included within it) is not used in a manner that may bring the Promoter and their brands into disrepute.
28. The Promoter reserve the right to amend the Promotion and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval (if required) and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the Promotion landing page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
29. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries that are delayed or which are not received for any reason during the Competition Period.
30. Winners may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These terms and conditions do not exclude, restrict or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that it is permitted to do so by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including, without limitation:
32. The Promoter or their Agent may verify the validity of entries, including entrants’ identity, age and home address. The Promoter may also disqualify any entrant, including any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry that the Promoter in their sole discretion deem to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory, or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Promotion.
33. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to a computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop outs, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical difficulties or unauthorised intervention, each of the Promoter reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
34. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional websites and social media accounts is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
35. Each Eligible Entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including all legal costs, whether incurred or awarded) suffered or incurred by the Promoter in relation to any breach by the entrant of its obligations under these terms and conditions, except to the extent that the liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses are caused or contributed to by the negligence of the Promoter.
36. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
37. The Promoter or their Agent are not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
38. The laws of NSW apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of NSW.